[Mageia-dev] [changelog] [RPM] cauldron core/release libqwt-6.0.1-2.mga3

Barry Jackson zen25000 at zen.co.uk
Mon Nov 19 19:57:21 CET 2012

On 18/11/12 15:28, Jani Välimaa wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Nov 2012 17:15:13 +0200
> Sander Lepik <sander.lepik at eesti.ee> wrote:
>
>> 18.11.2012 16:52, zezinho kirjutas:
>>>
>>> Done, but cannot submit it because a libqwt5 package already
>>> exists. Any hint?
>> You can't submit it because your main package (Name: libqwt5) and
>> library package for i586 (%define libname %mklibname qwt %{major})
>> have the same name. As main package contains no files i would
>> probably rename it to qwt (Name %realname), but i'm not 100% sure if
>> that's the right thing to do. Packagers with more knowledge may have
>> better ideas.
>>

> Renaming also affects to the src pkg name and IMHO it's not how it
> should be done.
>
> Just remembered one similar case. Dunno if this helps, but look how it's
> made in libraw1394_8 pkg.
> http://svnweb.mageia.org/packages/cauldron/libraw1394_8/current/SPECS/libraw1394_8.spec?revision=302617&view=markup

Oh dear :/

After a (local) rebuild of gnuradio :-
[baz at jackodesktop ~]$ urpmq --requires-recursive gnuradio | grep qwt
lib64qwt5
lib64qwt6
python-qwt
[baz at jackodesktop ~]$ urpmq --requires-recursive python-qwt | grep qwt
lib64qwt5
python-qwt
[baz at jackodesktop ~]$ urpmq --whatrequires lib64qwt5
lib64gnuradio-qtgui0
lib64qwt5
lib64qwt5-devel
lib64smokeqwt3
python-qwt
qgis
scidavis
[baz at jackodesktop ~]$ urpmq --whatrequires lib64qwt6
lib64gnuradio-qtgui0
lib64gnuradio-qtgui0
lib64qwt-devel
lib64qwt6
qloud

Prior to rebuild:-
[baz at jackodesktop ~]$ urpmq --requires-recursive gnuradio | grep qwt
lib64qwt5
python-qwt
[baz at jackodesktop ~]$ urpmq --requires-recursive python-qwt | grep qwt
lib64qwt5
python-qwt
[baz at jackodesktop ~]$ urpmq --whatrequires lib64qwt5
lib64gnuradio-qtgui0
lib64qwt5
lib64qwt5-devel
lib64smokeqwt3
python-qwt
qgis
scidavis

Ping me when it's sorted out and I will rebuild python-qwt and gnuradio.