[Mageia-dev] What the hell is wrong with MGA2s suspend/sleep/hibernate?

Johnny A. Solbu cooker at solbu.net
Tue Nov 20 06:30:41 CET 2012

In the last day, a simple typo have sendt my MGA2 desktop system so sleep. (The Sleep key is right next to the F12 key. I use F12 extensively.)
When it wakes up, there is NO network (ethernet) of any kind. Nothing!
ifconfig lists eth0 as having the correct static IP, «route -n» shows my router as the default gw.

I have tried restarting the network using «service network restart», «ifdown eth0, ifup eth0». Nothing works.
I have to reboot to get network.

Does anyone else see this?

How can I DISABLE the sleep key?
Would this work? http://askubuntu.com/questions/28328/how-can-i-disable-hibernate-completely-in-kubuntu#28924