[Mageia-dev] What the hell is wrong with MGA2s suspend/sleep/hibernate?

Johnny A. Solbu cooker at solbu.net
Tue Nov 20 17:25:37 CET 2012

On Tuesday 20. November 2012 17.00, Johnny A. Solbu wrote:
> I'm not doing any more testing on this computer today, as this particular computer is a «production» system.
> I'll see if I can reproduce it on one of the laptops here.

Ok, I tested on another desktop and a laptop, and the network is working after waking up.
I've also discovered by trial and error that the issue I have is with «suspend to ram».

So now the question becomes, how do I completely disable «suspend to ram/disk» on this one computer? (I.e. activating suspend/hibernation should fail.)
It is a desktop and a file server, so it doesn't need hibernaton features.
The only times I ever turn it off, is for power outages lasting more that 2 minutes, when my UPSes starts to complain. ;-)=

.
--
Johnny A. Solbu
PGP key ID: 0xFA687324