[Mageia-dev] what is this ????

AL13N alien at rmail.be
Sat Nov 24 20:59:01 CET 2012

Op zaterdag 24 november 2012 20:52:42 schreef Romain d'Alverny:
> 2012/11/24 AL13N <alien at rmail.be>:
> > like: requiring that the fixes are done in Mageia itself (no 3rd party
> > repository), and as usual that the fixes are done in accordance to our
> > policies.
>
> You can't: 1) it's free software. 2) those changes will be first done
> on a separate repository before being pushed for inclusion.
>
> > I would also ask that if possible the user who solves it donates a part to
> > mageia, not required.
>
> I wouldn't:
>  - the person that opens the bounty already invested money into the
> change (and to have it pushed to the master project);
>  - the person that takes the bounty and does/pushes the change already
> invested her time and skills.

I'm not following 100%, does this mean there are already quite specific
usecases for this?

what's wrong with asking that the people who "fix" this do this, to do this in
upstream? i didn't say "first" or whatever, if someone fixes something for them
only, it would be nice of all the other mageians can profit from it...

and the latter was just a suggestion, it's not required.