[Mageia-dev] Bye Bye Mageia

Donald Stewart watersnowrock at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 15:54:28 CET 2012

On 26 November 2012 14:47, Olav Vitters <olav at vitters.nl> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 10:07:31PM +0800, Joseph Wang wrote:
>> Anyway, gnome is in a death spiral
>
> If you don't like flames, don't start one.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Olav (GNOME release team member, Mageia packager)

While this situation is unfortunate, and could have been prevented by
finding out what needed done at the start I still cant help but feel
that at the very lest the work that has been done should be kept as it
is still unclear what will happen in the future.
That said, the reasons for Mageia not including Cinnamon to me are
valid, and while packaging Cinnamon may have been your direct aim,
even an open source community driven project requires teams to have
coordination and cant be a free for all, therefore, I feel that while
your work on Cinnamon and the enthusiasm is really welcome, adding
some direction to it, for instance trying to reduce the list on
un-maintained packages that we already have would be far more
beneficial to the project, albeit maybe more work like for you. But
this is the compromise that contributing to a project requires.

Schultz