[Mageia-dev] Mailing-list archives and robots

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+mageia at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 26 17:54:54 CET 2012

 Hi Sander, *,

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 4:08 PM, Sander Lepik <sander.lepik at eesti.ee> wrote:

> Good point! So we are probably missing links to our archives (as i can't
> find anything that links to mageia-dev archives).

Not only that, it is also just misconfigured.
Mail-headers contain:

Thankfully there also is

<mailto:mageia-dev-request at mageia.org?subject=subscribe>

And that in turn has a archive-link.

But also moderators of the list need to be setup, or the list needs to
be configured to immediately reject mails from non-subscribers.

None of my mails where I forgot to set correct from-address was
approved by a moderator, and for none of those there was a
notification that it would have been rejected.

So if you don't want mails from non-subscribers or have no moderators
to process mails → configure the list accordingly.

ciao
Christian