[Mageia-dev] Mageia-dev Digest, Vol 27, Issue 85

Bo Lan lanbo64 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 04:38:27 CET 2012

On Monday, November 26, 2012 10:49:43 PM Joseph Wang wrote:

I really don't think that cinnamon is ready for Mageia
3.  There are some pretty major bugs in it, and it's not
ready for prime time.  It would be useful to keep it in the
testing section, and then target it for Mageia 4.

Hi Joseph,

I read some of your posts. And I believe that your work is good. I think
that somebody refusing to put some softwares to cauldron is because
cauldron will be freezed a short time in a near future, and it would be
generated to a stable Mageia 3 distro. And after that, the cauldron will
burn and boil again. That time is a pathway to Mageia 4, so the
people(most of us have job) have more time to test cinnamon.

I am so lucky because I learn to package a software and it works
perfectly. So my mentor Jose and another packager Funda Wang put it
into cauldron. But I still do not have my account to do that directly, and
I need more experience and try to pack and patch more. But I am still
very happy cause it has a lot of fun.