[Mageia-dev] cauldron state, and dependencies handling

Thomas Backlund tmb at mageia.org
Wed Nov 28 21:11:08 CET 2012

Florent Monnier skrev 28.11.2012 21:59:

> So it should have been:
> - rebuild for new xmlm

Yep.

> I do have a question related to this issue:
>
> Should ocaml libs in Cauldron be maintained usable?

Yep.
we want cauldron to stay in as good condition as possible,
to catch bugs early...

> For example if I've rebuild xmlm 3 months ago, there is nothing to
> change in xtmpl, so currently I just wait before Mageia's release to
> rebuild all that needs to be.
>
> That means that during these 3 months, xtmpls didn't worked in Cauldron.
> Is that bad?

Yes, thats bad. It should be as usable as possible all the time to catch
bugs early. and we have a BS that is capable of handling the load

> =========
>
> In case that's bad, I'm wondering how I should handle this.
> - I can just icrem the mkrel of all ocaml libs.
> (I can write the script to do this in 5 minutes.)

That's normally what happends when deps are updated (for example several
libs has this effect)

The dependent packages should be rebuilt as soon as possible to keep
the breakage minimal. It will then be easier for other needing to
use / rely on the packages....

--
Thomas