[Mageia-dev] cauldron state, and dependencies handling

Thierry Vignaud thierry.vignaud at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 21:42:49 CET 2012

On 28 November 2012 21:35, Florent Monnier <monnier.florent at gmail.com> wrote:
> but maybe rpm is my friend and I'm just not aware of it.
>
> Is there an rpm command line option to get the list of the dependents
> of a given lib?

eg for glibc-devel:
urpmf --requires glibc-devel

Now you may have to look for 'pkgconfig(foobar)' too. eg:
urpmf --requires --literal 'pkgconfig(glibc)'

> (Those in BuildRequire, not only Require)

just add and enable source media prior to running above commands.

But I think it's just better to look at what actually use those libs
(if not statically linked), aka for LLVM:
urpmf --requires libLLVM-3.1.so