[Mageia-dev] rpmsrate-raw changes related to GNOME

Olav Vitters olav at vitters.nl
Thu Nov 29 09:20:10 CET 2012

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 04:03:34PM +0100, Olav Vitters wrote:
> I've made the following rpmsrate-raw changes related to GNOME
> (CAT_GNOME):

I noticed KDE had a whole list of applications in the Office category. I tried
to match that by listing only the similar "GNOME designed" applications.

I'm not sure when !LIVE should be there and when not, so I just tried to
behave similarly to what KDE would put on a live image.

Fyi:
gnome-clocks can set alarms, timers, etc
gnome-contacts for keeping a list of people
bijiben is a note taking application (GNOME has several)

Showing KDE vs GNOME in this category is clearest:

CAT_OFFICE
[..]
  CAT_KDE
    5 korganizer
    5 !LIVE kalarm ktimer ktimetracker
    5 kaddressbook
    5 knotes
    5 !LIVE kjots
    5 okular
    5 !LIVE kde-odf-thumbnail
  CAT_GNOME
    5 !LIVE gnome-clocks
    5 gnome-contacts
    5 bijiben

I'm still thinking where+how to put "gnome-documents". It indirectly
depends on libreoffice, and it is an office thing. I am not aware of
anything related in KDE, otherwise I'd just follow KDE.

--
Regards,
Olav