[Mageia-dev] need some help to build a linuxsampler.rpm

PhilippeDidier philippedidier at laposte.net
Tue Oct 2 00:01:58 CEST 2012

PhilippeDidier a écrit :
>> Hi ! Happy packagers...
>>
>> I'm trying to build some missing rpms that exist in Mandriva-contrib but
>> not yet in Mageia... (most of them concern Computer Aided Music)
>>
>> gig
>> linuxsampler
>> gigedit
>> qsampler
>>
>> linuxsampler depends on gig
>> gigedit and qsampler depend on linuxsampler
>>
>> I use the same spec files and sources and patches as in Mandriva...
>> (with minor cosmetic changes)
>>
>> It's OK for gig
>>

>> But
>>
>> I'm having problem with linuxsampler that could be built for
>> Mandriva2010.2 but that can't be with Mageia2
>>
>> I get several times this kind of message when running rpmbuild -ba
>> (before it aborts) :
>>
>> ../src/plugins/.libs/liblinuxsamplerplugins.a(InstrumentEditorFactory.o): In
>> function `__exchange_and_add_dispatch':
>> /usr/lib/gcc/i586-mageia-linux-gnu/4.6.3/../../../../include/c++/4.6.3/ext/atomicity.h:80:
>> undefined reference to `pthread_cancel'
>>
>> ../src/common/.libs/liblinuxsamplercommon.a(Path.o): In function
>> `__exchange_and_add_dispatch':
>> /usr/lib/gcc/i586-mageia-linux-gnu/4.6.3/../../../../include/c++/4.6.3/ext/atomicity.h:80:
>> undefined reference to `pthread_cancel'
>>

>> What may cause this ?
>> libpthread-2.1.14-1.so is of course present and linked in /lib/ and
>> /lib/i686
>>

>> but there's an empty libpthread.so file in /usr/lib/
>> (same as in Mandriva) does it induces any confusion ?
>>

>> Any idea ?
>>
>> Thanks for your help...
>>
>> Philippe
>>

> Last news ...
>
> Thanks to your help and patience and pedagogy
> I could package :
> gig
> liblscp
> linuwsampler
> and test them ... OK !
>
> But it's not enough :
> I could package
> Qsampler too (a GUI for linuxsampler which is useless without a GUI)
> But Qsampler sometimes segfaults... it's a known upstream bug which is
> not yet fixed ! (it worked well with the previous versions of qt4-devel
> provided by Mandriva 2010.2) I don't think it's nice to provide it now
> as it is.
>

> I can provide the spec and patches files through bugzilla in  package
> requests
>
> But  it's useless without a working and safe GUI ...
> If someone want to test them (knowing that it is not ready to use)
>  May I use the package request in spite of this errors perhaps with a
> warning ?
>

> Nevertheless we can use an opensource java interface (provided by the
> linuxsampler team)
> I tested it : there's no segfault
>
> Two way to package it :
> - simply provide a platform independent Java executable (already built
> [...]

I could build everything with the last svn revision ... only need a
patch for LinuxSampler
The  spec files and patches can be found in bugzilla
bug 7575, bug 7576, bug 7579, bug 7580, bug 7581, bug 7639.
If you want to try :
you need to build and install the rpms in this order :
gig
liblscp
lv2
linuxsampler
gigedit
qsampler

NB
I don't use a buildsystem...
I have several devel packages installed =>
Maybe some BuildRequires are missing in the spec files