[Mageia-dev] Final set of isos for Mageia 3

Thomas Backlund tmb at mageia.org
Tue Oct 2 20:47:48 CEST 2012

02.10.2012 21:37, Christian Lohmaier skrev:
> HI Anne, *,
>
> On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 5:58 PM, Anne Nicolas <ennael1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2 liveCDs:
>>
>>   - GNOME 700M i586 - english only - Nonfree
>>   - KDE   700M i586 - english only - Nonfree
>>
>> These are mainly targetted for distribution during events or for Newspapers
>>
>> 4 liveDVDs:
>>
>>   - GNOME DVD i586   - all locales - Nonfree
>>   - GNOME DVD x86_64 - all locales - Nonfree
>>   - KDE   DVD i586   - all locales - Nonfree
>>   - KDE   DVD x86_64 - all locales - Nonfree
>
> Not happy with this solution.
> DVDs / the full set of packages is so *not* needed.

Actally the DVD part is because we go over 700M...
(so no "CD" format anymore)

It does not mean we will make 4G liveDVD
(wich might be ~16G installed size)

> Downoad 4GB just to have 3GB obsoleted in a few months. :-((
>
> Just create USB-editions of the english only media with additional languages.
>
> So what fits into 700MB en-US only, will fit into <1GB for all languages.

Current liveDVD images are around 1G with all languages,
and that is somewhat matching what we will ship ...
but final size depends on package selection...

> As was written numerous times: Most people don't burn actual CDs
> anymore, but rather put the image onto usb-sticks.

Actually people do both...

--

Thomas