[Mageia-dev] rehashing the faac issue

Sander Lepik sander.lepik at eesti.ee
Wed Oct 3 16:32:38 CEST 2012

03.10.2012 17:19, Frank Griffin kirjutas:
> However, I still think that Col's solution would be preferable, for the same reasons that
> I think a free/nonfree switch in the installer is preferable to excluding nonfree code
> from our media and installs unilaterally.
I have one concern for that solution, how are we gonna build free packages if they can use
non-free packages from the same repo. It seems technically a bit too complicated. BS would
need some rewrite or we would have to rename a lot of packages that are currently in non-free.

But on the other hand if some packages that require faac and also some package that is both
in non-free and in core then how do we solve this problem? Packages in tainted probably
don't use non-free as a media for buildrequires.

--
Sander