[Mageia-dev] rehashing the faac issue

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+mageia at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 3 19:59:44 CEST 2012

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 4:07 PM, Guillaume Rousse
<guillomovitch at gmail.com> wrote:

> OK, let's vote here:
> - how many people for using 'tainted' ?
> - how many people for using 'non-free' ?

Definitely vote for tainted.

The only question is whether packages that depend on tainted stuff as
a hard/non-optional dependency need to be themselves in tainted.

I don't care, but this is the next thing to consider.
Having stuff in free (and thus enabled for selection/installation by
default) depending on stuff from tainted (and thus non-installable,
since the media is not enabled/not checked for availability) might be
more problematic than having those packages in tainted.

ciao
Christian