[Mageia-dev] rehashing the faac issue

Johnny A. Solbu cooker at solbu.net
Thu Oct 4 16:54:46 CEST 2012

On Thursday 04 October 2012 13:23, Frank Griffin wrote:
> > 2. Problems for users who may not trust the filter system, they rather
> > trust a visual separation.
>
> I can't see this.  If they trust us to place the package correctly to
> start with, why wouldn't they trust a filter we write ?

Because software have bugs, even filters, whereas physical separation is not prone to the same errors.
A filter can stop working or work incorrectly, but a repo separation does not start to install from a deactivated or removed/not imported repo. Nor will a bug suddenly activate or add a nonfree repo.

> And if they don't trust us, they're reading the license themselves anyway.

That's not an easy task for commandline users. "urpmq -i foo" does not show the license tag.

--
Johnny A. Solbu
PGP key ID: 0xFA687324