[Mageia-dev] Support of grub2 in the installer/drakboot

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 8 18:15:46 CEST 2012

On 2012-10-08 11:45 (GMT-0300) Luiz Alberto Saba composed:

>> is there any plans to add grub2 support ? is there someone already working on
>> it ?

> Fedora 17, openSUSE 12.2 and ubuntu (don't remember the version) are
> already using it.

openSUSE retains Grub Legacy as an option, which I use on every installation.
YaST has yet to be updated to fully manage Grub2 configuration. In distros
that offer only a choice between Grub2 and no bootloader I choose no
bootloader every time. *buntu I quit even experimenting with half because of
its Grub2 headaches. Fedora I install with no bootloader, and use Grub Legacy
from openSUSE or Knoppix. Grub2 is buggier than stink and far more
complicated to maintain and use than Grub Legacy on systems that don't need
what Grub2 can do that Grub Legacy can't.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/