[Mageia-dev] Fixing shapelib [Was: Build error: "/bin/ld: cannot find -lshp"]

Johnny A. Solbu cooker at solbu.net
Tue Oct 9 10:15:14 CEST 2012

On Tuesday 09 October 2012 07:25, Nicolas Lécureuil wrote:
> fix it

Ok, then. Here's my attempt.

I've taken a look at it, and made partial progress.
I've managed to get the shapelib.h installed and packaged, but it still doesn't compile libshp.so file, only libshp.a.
And it seems to me that a new Makefile is the reason. so I'm not sure how to proceed.

I have committed what I've done (but not submited). Hopefully Oliver can take a look at how to fix the remaning missing libshp.so file.
It seems like there's only a missing compile line (cc) that might fix it, but the solution is evading me. Perhaps not surprising, since I'm not a programmer.

I won't take offence if my attempt is not good enough, and get reverted and redone. :-)=

--
Johnny A. Solbu
PGP key ID: 0xFA687324