[Mageia-dev] Deprecating pm-utils

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Oct 17 00:04:09 CEST 2012

Hi,

So I think everything these days is using pm-utils are:

kdebase4-workspace
samsung-tools
upower
xfce4-power-manager

I've already dropped the requirement from upower and I suspect that kde
these days also uses upower for suspend/resume (can someone please test
for me? Just remove pm-utils with --nodeps and make sure everything
still works is a nice easy test :D)

The samsung-tools stuff should be easily updatable to systemd suspend
stuff (likely Arch will have fixes if we're not first).

Only one I have no idea about is xfce4. I suspect it'll use upower too,
but not really sure.

Cheers