[Mageia-dev] Removing ConsoleKit

JA Magallón jamagallon at ono.com
Fri Oct 19 01:24:11 CEST 2012

Hi...

As this page reads

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/ConsoleKit

CK is not maintaned anymore, it is deprecated.

We can not remove the packages because of dependencies:

werewolf:~# urpmq --whatrequires consolekit consolekit-x11 lib64consolekit0
accountsservice
consolekit
consolekit-x11
elsa
kdm
lib64consolekit-devel
lib64consolekit0
lxdm
polkit
slim
xinit

but in the meantime I have disabled it completely following this:

and disabling it in systemctl.

Everything seems to work fine, I have noticed no problem.
Will it be possible to build the above packages without CK support and
with systemd-enabled options it they are there ?
So mga3 will be a CK-free edition ;)

TIA

--
J.A. Magallon <jamagallon()ono!com>        \               Winter is coming...