[Mageia-dev] Removing ConsoleKit

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Oct 19 12:43:28 CEST 2012

'Twas brillig, and Olav Vitters at 19/10/12 11:17 did gyre and gimble:
> Colin gave a +1 on this

Might as well do it now before the final alpha after all!

So some things that might break here are:
 1. Any xinit scripts that call ck-xinit-session unconditionally
assuming it will be there. I think most of the ones I've seen do this
conditionally, but it's worth checking.

 2. Apps which might use CK via dbus to do things differently in UIs.
Normally this is done indirectly via polkit so it shouldn't be too big a
deal, but keep your eyes open.

 3. KDM: There are various systemd related patches in Fedora. If I get
the change I'll go through these and apply them to our packages, but
someone is welcome to beat me to it!
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/kde-workspace.git/tree/

Most startx related issues should be minimal as UI stuff (permission to
shutdown, reboot etc) uses polkit and that, in turn, uses systemd for a
while now.

Device permissions should be 100% handled by systemd+logind these days
so shouldn't really be affected. udev-acl has not been installed for
ages so that should be fine. Any udev rules with the TAG+="udev-acl"
should be updated as this tag is redundant now. It *might* make sense to
replace such rules with TAG+="uaccess", but this should be thought about
carefully - it's normally a "private" tag to the core package, but there
are occasions when it's correct to use it in third party rules too.

Happy testing :)