[Mageia-dev] Control Center Progress

Steven Tucker tuxta2 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 15:34:41 CEST 2012

Hi all,

just wanted to give everyone an update on how the new control center is
going.
Everything still says mcc2 but I think naming it "Admin Panel" is a good
idea so will get to that shortly.

The basic functionality is now there, the categories and modules are
dynamically loaded from the config file with the right panel updating to
what is selected on the left panel.

See http://qldlinux.com/mcc for screenshots of the panel in Qt, GTk and
NCurses.

As you will see all 3 widget sets have a consistent layout and usage,
but while the functionality is now there, the final look is not, so you
are just seeing the basics, it still needs to be made attractive with
appropriate button sizing, backgrounds etc.

It is not a whole lot of code, but it has been a little challenging
,firstly using Perl (never touched it before) and also navigating this
fairly new library which could do with some more examples and docs
(which  we plan to have ready for those wanting to make modules).

I look forward to uploading the code, however I am still waiting for svn
access.

Hopefully it won't be too far away that we will be calling for help to
port modules.

Cheers
Tuxta