[Mageia-dev] Removing ConsoleKit

Olivier Blin mageia at blino.org
Mon Oct 22 00:45:32 CEST 2012

Olav Vitters <olav at vitters.nl> writes:

> Seriously, IIRC udisks v1. I try to avoid lower level stuff, so looked
> through the alpha live dvd to figure out more…

Well, we just migrated away from hal, and some of the migration was
about merging udisks v1 patches.
Maybe a bit early to drop it?

> Stuff that should
> eventually be removed is gnome-keyring (in favour of the freedesktop
> libsecret).

Yep

> Aside from that gconf, gstreamer 0.10, bonobo+orbit.

Can't we have thirdparty depending on gstreamer 0.10?
Like Fluendo apps?

> Wonder about: usermode (no clue what it does :P).

We use consolehelper heavily in drakxtools.

> Also noticed GNOME
> live dvd (Mageia 3) having xdm + gdm.. seems a bit of a waste.

Weird, we should investigate that.

Thomas, I couldn't find the build data of latest live releases, probably
because /home/draklive/var-data is on a tmpfs.
After a build is completed, we should backup the content of the matching
/home/draklive/var-data directories on disk.

--
Olivier Blin - blino