[Mageia-dev] [changelog] [RPM] cauldron core/release taskcoach-1.3.20-1.mga3

Donald Stewart watersnowrock at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 19:07:29 CEST 2012

On 22 October 2012 16:28, Johnny A. Solbu <cooker at solbu.net> wrote:
> On Monday 22 October 2012 17:08, Anne Wilson wrote:
>> If one has to work in a Windows environment (or other, for that
>> matter) at times, then knowing that an application is cross-platform
>> makes it much more attractive.
>
> That does not justify having it in the description. This belongs on the software's website, and in the documentation.
>
> --
> Johnny A. Solbu
> PGP key ID: 0xFA687324

If being cross platform is a defining point of the piece of software
then I feel that it does belong in the description. Take arora as an
example, it aimed amongst many things to be a completely cross
platform browser, therefor having that in the description is
important. Whereas the KDE stack, which is cross platform, but as a
secondary goal should not have any such info in its description. There
are many pieces of software that I wouldn't use if the fact that they
were cross platform wasn't in the description.

My 2 penny's