[Mageia-dev] Minimal mageia install

Bruno Cornec Bruno.Cornec at hp.com
Tue Oct 23 14:53:07 CEST 2012

Helo,

I'm in the process of redeploying automatically my firewall machine,
using Mageia. For that I'd like to have a very minimal install.

However, I'm ending up with 580 packages, among them a lot of X11
content, whereas I want a text base install only.

If I try to remove some of them, I end up having to remove basesystem
which isn't an option.

So why is libdrakx-kbd-mouse mandatory e.g. in basesystem ?
Another question is I could urpme lib64xrandr2 (and erase as a
consequence 26 packages, none of them being in my list).
Why did they came on my install first ??

Is there a way to have the smallest working text base install
possible ?

Here is my package list:
	'default_packages' => [
		'acpi',
		'acpid',
		'basesystem',
		'dhcp-client',
		'grub',
		'kernel-server-latest',
		'locales-fr',
		'nss',
		'ntpd',
		'numlock',
		'openssh-server',
		'openssh-client',
		'postfix',
		'rsyslog',
		'squid',
		'squidguard',
		'pm-utils',
		'shorewall',
		'sudo',
		'tmpwatch',
		'vim-enhanced',
		'wget',
	],

I'm working at the moment with Mageia 2 but could try with cauldron if
needed.

Thanks in advance for your advises,
Bruno.
--