[Mageia-dev] Minimal mageia install

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Oct 23 16:42:17 CEST 2012

'Twas brillig, and Olivier Blin at 23/10/12 14:37 did gyre and gimble:
> A big issue to me is the following dep chain:
> dracut -> plymouth -> desktop-common-data -> xdg-utils -> xprop -> libx11
>
> You can test some of the issues by just doing this:
> mkdir chroot-minimal-cauldron
> urpmi --no-suggests --root ./chroot-minimal-cauldron basesystem urpmi

Yeah, dracut almost certainly doesn't really need plymouth. I didn't
have time to debug it pre-mga2, but thought it had been removed from
dracut in cauldron - tho' on inspection, this is not the case.

I'll nuke it on the next build of dracut (I'll be submitting a new
version soonish - just need to polish a couple patches).