[Mageia-dev] Bash Update revoked customized configuration

Johnny A. Solbu cooker at solbu.net
Tue Oct 23 17:55:49 CEST 2012

Hi.

The first thing I do on every Mandriva/Mageia installation is to remove many of the aliases defined in «/etc/profile.d/60alias.sh». I always remove every instance of «rm/cp/mv -i», every instance of «cd» aliases, and some of the «ls» aliases.
I do this plainly because these aliases Really Do Annoy me! I don't care for other users on my system. If they really want these aliases, they can create them them selves.

Last night I did an rsync of my local mirror and updated one of my mageia systems, only to find that a bash update have reinstalled the Default 60alias.sh.

Is it possible to configure the system so it under no circumstances automatically overwrite files I've reconfigured?

Johnny A. Solbu
PGP key ID: 0xFA687324