[Mageia-dev] Asia-Pacific packager newbie needs mentor

Pierre-Malo Deniélou pierre-malo.denielou at rhul.ac.uk
Wed Oct 24 17:35:16 CEST 2012

On 24/10/12 15:52, Joseph Wang wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a number of packages that are ready to be reviewed for addition
> to cauldron, and I'd like to get a mentor to review them. The main
> problem is that I'm in Asia so it's going to be difficult for me to
> attend the IRC meeting at 3 a.m. :-( :-(

Hi Joseph,
Thanks for hanging around even if no one volunteered yet for being your
mentor.

> So I'm looking to see how I can get a mentor. If there is some other
> time in which the IRC has people on it, I can meet then, or if someone
> can send me a personal e-mail letting me know where to upload things.

IRC has people in it all the time. Mageia has contributors from all
around the world, although there is more activity when it's the day in
Europe.
We have some people in Asia that can potentially mentor you.

Otherwise, please hang around #mageia-mentoring and ping me there.

I'm quite busy these days, and not really in your time zone. But if you
come on IRC #mageia-mentoring during your afternoon/evening, we can
start chatting a bit, and maybe review a couple of packages before
finding you an official mentor, ok? (Note that this official mentor can
be me from mid-November, when I have a bit more time)

If other potential apprentices read that, please follow the same idea:
come to the #mageia-mentoring channel and say hi to me or other random
people in order to get you started.
There is no point just waiting.

Cheers,
--