[Mageia-dev] Notes about live CD

JA Magallón jamagallon at ono.com
Fri Oct 26 12:19:51 CEST 2012

Hi...

I have used the Gnome LiveCD 32bits to do some disk test on an old box,
and I have a couple gotchas I would have to share in the list (don't
know if they are really bugs).

Here I go:
- this is an old i965 box. The ATA disk is named like hda. Why has
  IDE driver preference over SATA ? I would expect it to be sda...
- the installer asks to remove the unused harware support, but the
  wording for the choice is misleading:

	[  ] Unsued hardware support

  What does it really mean if I tick this, I want to keep the unused
  hw support or to remove it ? Perhaps you could rephrase it like this,
  depending on what does it really mean:
        [  ] Keep unused harware support
  or
        [  ] Remove unused hardware support

Thats all for the moment...

--
J.A. Magallon <jamagallon()ono!com>     \               Software is like sex:
                                         \         It's better when it's free