[Mageia-dev] "App-CPAN2Pkg keeps failing on already available packages" - https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=80418

Jerome Quelin jquelin at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 14:09:54 CEST 2012

On 12/10/26 11:53 +0200, Shlomi Fish wrote:
> I've been trying out CPAN2Pkg, and was dismayed by this bug:
> https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=80418
>
> "App-CPAN2Pkg keeps failing on already available packages (in the Mageia
> upstream).
>
> I did not get a reply to the previous bug I reported (which is of similar
> nature) in 3 months
> - https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=78510 .

strange, i did not get the email from rt, which is why i didn't have a
look at them. :-(

> Now, I tried to find out what the problem with CPAN2Pkg and after a long
> investigation, I realised that check_upstream_availability() and
> _install_from_upstream_with_rpm_lock() are called only on the initial
> $self->module->name() (which is object-wide) and not only on its prerequisites.
> That's not good - we should check each prerequisite as well. Can you look into
> fixing this? Otherwise, it makes cpan2pkg extremely frustrating to use.

sorry, but check_upstream_availability is done in START event from
app::cpan2pkg::worker class, and thus for each new module. indeed,
there's a new worker session created for each module to be investigated.

your error comes from this in the output:

    * 22:16:46 Running: cpanp /prereqs show Carp::REPL

    [ERROR] No such plugin command

==> you need to install
perl-CPANPLUS-Shell-Default-Plugins-Prereqs-0.100.0-1.mga3.noarch.rpm

Jérôme