[Mageia-dev] Repository access problem?

Pascal Terjan pterjan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 15:37:26 CET 2012

On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 2:26 PM, Thomas Backlund <tmb at mageia.org> wrote:
> 29.10.2012 11:03, Pascal Terjan skrev:
>
>> On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 7:26 AM, Funda Wang <fundawang at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Did anybody notice that accessing svn.mageia.org is much slower for
>>> hours than before? Is it normal?
>>

>> The machine was overloaded, I think I fixed the cause of it
>>

> Let me guess, rpmlint got stuck on kernel -debug packages and filled up /tmp

Actually no, and it was my fault (and I now know why we had plenty of rpmlint)
There is a workaround for the upload bug (x86_64 not getting uploaded)
running in cron to upload the leftovers
It did not have a lock, and when uploading some missing kernel
packages took a long time, it started uploading them again in
parallel, slowing things even more meaning that in 6 hours it had not
managed to finish the first upload