[Mageia-dev] rehashing the faac issue

AL13N alien at rmail.be
Tue Oct 30 20:12:59 CET 2012

Op dinsdag 30 oktober 2012 02:32:03 schreef Johnny A. Solbu:
> On Tuesday 30 October 2012 02:11, Wolfgang Bornath wrote:
> > >
> > > The consensus was maybe not so clear then.
> >
> > Maybe not so clear for those whose opinion differs from the consensus,
> > understandable. I did not write about a consensus as first one, it has
> > been written repeatedly by others.
>
> Perhaps there is beneficial for the community to establish, what is a
> «concensus» and how is it reached? No, really.
> I am starting to think that what I think it means, means something else to
> other people. Perhaps there is a cultral difference in play. I understand
> it to man that a desition is reached by seeking concent from all parties.
> Where not everyone agree with the choice. but agree to abide by it.
>
> If my understanding is correct, there is no concensus yet, because not
> everyone accept the solution proposed by the majority. And everyone doesn't
> seem to agree or know how one decides what the concensus is. ... Unless I
> missed something, which I might have :-)=

how about just doing a quick vote for packaging team, that could be a
consensus:

no need to trouble board or council with something so ridiculous...
bikeshedding anyone?

we have the voting thing, just set one up for a few days:
have A, B, C and D on it, and let it be multiple possibilities, for me that
would be all of the above.

that could clearly show a consensus