[Mageia-dev] Huge GNOME updates

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Sep 5 09:55:22 CEST 2012

'Twas brillig, and Olav Vitters at 05/09/12 08:34 did gyre and gimble:
> There have been some pretty huge GNOME updates. Some stuff is probably a
> little bit unstable. Please just fix outright if you want.
>
> Noticed:
> - GNOME shell not being able to unlock the screen
>   probably have to drop the patch or something

Can't see I notice this. In the past it was related to gdm and we
patched it accordingly. I've now updated gdm to the latest release (tho'
a new one is due any time) and it seems to work fine here.

> - Totem not starting up
>   missing gstreamer 1.0 dependencies

Yeah confirmed here. Likely just some gst plugins that are needed as you
said.