[Mageia-dev] Directory conflict ?

Charles A Edwards CAE at eslrahc.com
Wed Sep 5 23:20:59 CEST 2012

On Wed, 05 Sep 2012 19:53:13 +0200
Guillaume Rousse wrote:

> > 'Twas brillig, and Guillaume Rousse at 05/09/12 12:46 did gyre and
> > gimble:
> >> It seems than rpm now consider two packages shipping the same
> >> directory as a conflict:
> >>
> >> Installation failed:    file /etc/nagios from install of
> >> nrpe-2.13-2.mga3.x86_64 conflicts with file from package
> >> nagios-1:3.4.1-7.mga3.x86_64
> >
> > Are you referring to specs that have:
> >
> > %dir /etc/foo
> >
> > here? If so, won't this affect a metric crapload of packages?
> Exactly. Unless I've missing something obvious.

You are missing something (-;

I think the error from rpm is that 2 pkgs want to own the same
directory../etc/nagios

In this case nrpe is a nagios addon.
It should
Require: nagios
which Does install and should own /etc/nagios
and the %dir /etc/foo should be dropped from nrpe.spec

    Charles

--
You want to know why I kept getting promoted?  Because my mouth knows
more than my brain.