[Mageia-dev] Network issue with pm-suspend

Maarten Vanraes maarten.vanraes at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 13:01:53 CEST 2012

> Hi,
>
> To move between my home and work I swith off my computer using
> pm-suspend.
>
> But when I wake up my laptop, the network is not reset so previous IP
> and route remain (on both ethernet and wifi card).
>
> Pluging and unpluging the ethernet cable has no action and even an
> ifconfig down / ifconfig up does not make the ethernet sending a dhcp
> request.
>
> Am I the only one to have sucj issue ? Any idea about this issue ?

on my worklaptop (mga2) i use suspend-to-disk, and after i have my
screensaver, it seems to hang and take quite a while before the
screensaver actually moves... (1min)?

by that time, the network is down and after a little while after i log in,
the wifi comes up with the new wifi connection...

or did you use suspend-to-memory? (i used that too, for smaller times, but
haven't switched locations in between suspends)