[Mageia-dev] [RFC] x11-server-1.13

Thierry Vignaud thierry.vignaud at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 13:02:35 CEST 2012

Hi

x11-server-1.13 and rebuild drivers are in */update_testing.

The following drivers failed to rebuild:

- virtualbox
- x11-driver-video-geode
- x11-driver-video-mach64
- x11-driver-video-newport
- x11-driver-video-psb
- x11-driver-video-qxl
- x11-driver-video-radeonhd
- x11-driver-video-sisimedia
- x11-driver-video-suncg14
- x11-driver-video-vmware
- x11-driver-video-xgi

Some may have fixes in git or may have fixes in RH.
I suspect we'll have to drop radeonhd this time.

- major driver that were tested and works OK:
 o video: ati/radeon
 o input: evdev wacom[1]

- major driver that need being tested:
 o video: fglrx intel nouveau
 o input:  synaptics

- drivers that need being tested for the installer:
 o video: fbdev vesa
 o input: keyboard mouse

- less major driver that would be nice to test:
 o video: openchrome sis vmware
 o input: joystick vmmouse

- minor driver that would be nice to test:
 o video: apm ark ast cirrus chips glint i128 i740 modesetting
neomagic nv r128 rendition s3 s3virge savage siliconmotion sisusb tdfx
tga trident tseng voodoo xgixp
 o input: acecad aiptek evtouch fpit hyperpen mutouch penmount

Please test.

See you

[1] minor the usual GNOME crashes