[Mageia-dev] Mediawiki

Oliver Burger oliver.bgr at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 15:24:41 CEST 2012

I just pushed some mediawiki packages to
cauldron/updates_testing

I need people to help me check, everything is working all right and
report back to me.
I only tested new installations yet, no updates from our previous
mediawiki packages, that's the next step.
When everything is working, I'd like to backport those packages to 1 and
2 as well, because our mw-1.6.x we are shipping there is eol for some
time now and may be a security risk.

Please note:
The package layout has changed a bit, because of upstream changes.
mediawiki has removed the math support from the main package and created
an extension for it.
In Mga1 and 2 we have
mediawiki-minimal (without math)
mediawiki (with math)

Now we do have
mediawiki (without math)
mediawiki-math (the math extension)

We have yet to find a way to make upgrading painless, but since it does
need the user to act (upgrading the databases,...), we might as well,
let the user install the math extension manually if he needs it.

Oliver

--
Oliver Burger aka obgr_seneca

Mageia contributor