[Mageia-dev] /run vs /var/run in configuration files

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 11:53:09 CEST 2012

Hello list.

Since /usrmove, /run and /var/run is actually the same location on the
final running system. So, either can be used in actual configuration
files, and systemd unit files. But for consistency and comparaison
purpose, it would be better to enforce usage of one variant only.

I initially started to use /run in a few packages, however I'm
considering reverting this practice for multiple reasons:
- fedora keep using /var/run, which makes comparaison harder
- it make backporting more difficult
- similar /lib vs /usr/lib case exist, and our %_unitdir macro, for
instance, uses the second form

Any other thought on this topic ?
--
BOFH excuse #60: