[Mageia-dev] [changelog] [RPM] cauldron nonfree/release drakx-installer-images-1.83-1.mga3.nonfree

Thierry Vignaud thierry.vignaud at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 07:46:33 CEST 2012

On 17 September 2012 21:37, Olivier Blin <mageia at blino.org> wrote:
>> tv <tv> 1.83-1.mga3:
>> + Revision: 295551
>> - fix modules.order so that cciss got detected (mga#5833)
>> - use new hotplug (mga#6323)
>
> You are duplicating (with full knowledge it seems) the /sbin/hotplug
> script written by make_boot_img. As you noticed, it relied on /bin/sh.
> The shell used to be provided not only for KA, but also to provide a
> convenience shell in stage1.
> Couldn't we add a shell back?

For years, we only add this shell if DEBUGSTAGE1 was set.
This is still the case
Then for a couple years, stage1 got bloated with KA stuff including busybox
(and thus a shell) by Antoine.

We're just back at prior state.
If you need to debug, you can still rebuild stage1 package with the debug
option.