[Mageia-dev] Mageia 3 final set of isos

Anne Nicolas ennael1 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 09:40:27 CEST 2012

Hi there

So here is the discussion about what isos we should keep or have for
final release. We had several (many!) proposals on that topics and we
need to take some decisions.

Here are some prerequisites I can see for what I can read in comments
and review about Mageia on the web.

- provide a full open source software version
- provide CD iso(s) so that it can be quick to download (people having
low band-width or paying depending how much they use it)
- provide live version(s)
- decrease isos number. QA is just a hell on the set we had for Mageia 2
- provide localization as large as possible
- provide isos including major drivers including proprietary one to make
it easier to install and configure

Keep in mind that what you want is not necessarily what another one
want. So let start proposals here and discussion. Please add all
explanations to your proposal.

Let say we take one week on this so until 26/09 then we will make a
final proposal

Cheers

--
Anne