[Mageia-dev] Mageia 3 final set of isos

EatDirt dirteat at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 11:45:07 CEST 2012

On 19/09/12 10:31, Thomas Backlund wrote:

> I'd suggest for livecds:
> 2 liveCDs:
> - 1 GNOME 700M i586 - english only - for FOSDEM & co
> - 1 KDE 700M i586 - english only - for FOSDEM & co
> 4 liveDVDs:
> - 1 GNOME DVD i586 - all locales-*
> - 1 GNOME DVD x86_64 - all locales-*
> - 1 KDE DVD i586 - all locales-*
> - 1 KDE DVD x86_64 - all locales-*

+1

but I would suggest that all those guys get a network install option. In
particular the live CDs, in that case they could replace the boot.iso.
It is true that it takes 10x times to download a full CD compared to
boot.iso, but that's still tractable?

> Question...
> do we need to provide XFCE (or LXDE) for those that does not like
> the GNOME/KDE bloat (and "phone/pad" gui) ?

I belong to those guys, and I would say NO. :)

Just because, if you don't like KDE, you won't like LXDE for aesthetic
reasons, and XFCE is practical but neither nice in my opinion. However,
if would not have a size issue, I'll say YES only if we include all the
small desktop environments; because that's a great stuff about Mageia
that we have almost all of them.

Cheers,
Chris.