[Mageia-dev] Mageia 3 final set of isos

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Thu Sep 20 13:45:26 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Thu, 20 Sep 2012 07:33:02 -0400
Digigold <digigold808 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 09/19/2012 04:31 AM, Thomas Backlund wrote:
> >
> > for "normal install" DVDs I guess we need to add nonfree firmwares
> > to the isos in separate media with an option to enable/use them in
> > the install phase as some hw need it to actually work.
> > (IIRC tv had something like this in progress)
> >
> Another vote to incorporate non-free as much as possible.  Someone
> coming from Mint/Ubuntu etc. is probably not going to stick w/Mageia
> if the X server fails on first boot or their WiFi requires excessive
> tinkering.  Some students may not have access to wired Ethernet
> connections and depend on WiFi, hence making net-installs for
> non-free drivers a catch 22.

+1. I agree with that.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

The Case for File Swapping - http://shlom.in/file-swap

How many “one-liners” do I actually write? I don’t know; maybe a couple dozen
a day. But I guess I must be unusual, because as we all know, AWK was a
complete failure and vanished into obscurity since it didn’t address anyone’s
real needs. (That was sarcasm.) — “Twelve Views of Mark Jason Dominus”