[Mageia-dev] need some help to build a linuxsampler.rpm

PhilippeDidier philippedidier at laposte.net
Sat Sep 22 15:33:53 CEST 2012

Johnny A. Solbu a écrit :
> On Saturday 22 September 2012 02:45, PhilippeDidier wrote:
>> %install
>> make DESTDIR=%buildroot  install
>
> Use %makeinstall instead of the make DESTDIR command.
> It's shorter, and does the same. And it conforms to policy, if I'm not mistaken.

Hi Johnny

I modified the spec file way you suggested but I got errors :
The install process tried to write into /usr/lib instead of
/home/philippe/rpm/BUILDROOT/linuxsampler-1.0.0-2.mga2.i386/usr/lib...
fortunately there is no write access for me as simple user !!!

of course this aborted the creation of rpms !

reverting to :
%install
make DESTDIR=%buildroot  install
corrected this