[Mageia-dev] Mageia 3 final set of isos

AL13N alien at rmail.be
Tue Sep 25 07:54:33 CEST 2012

Op dinsdag 25 september 2012 01:21:05 schreef andre999:
> Thomas Backlund a écrit :
> > andre999 skrev 24.9.2012 09:57:

> >> My suggestions :
> >> *Non-live isos*
> >> 1 dual cd with proprietory firmware/drivers
> >> -- based on comments by Alien and others
> >>
> >> 1 dvd 32-bit with proprietory firmware/drivers
> >
> > you do realize that this is a no-go as we already have problem fitting
> > even LXDE on dual isos (as you only have ~350M / arch for rpms and
> > installer, so trying to load a lot of extra fw and drivers on wont work.

iinm the dual-arch CD just needs a small few nonfree things, like hardware
raid cards and a few network firmwares. but then the rescue also needs ip (for
vlan) and brctl (for bridging)... (in all actuallity, i'm prepared here to
drop all of small parts of LXDE and/or other graphic stuff).

perhaps if we can unlink a few more cycles, we get enough free space...