[Mageia-dev] Fwd: Re: M3 won't complete boot after update

AL13N alien at rmail.be
Thu Sep 27 00:20:59 CEST 2012

Op woensdag 26 september 2012 20:57:43 schreef Anne Wilson:
> On 26/09/2012 16:24, Jani Välimaa wrote:
> > On 26.09.2012 18:00, Anne Wilson wrote:
> >> Colin, I sent this last evening, but I haven't seen it on-list.
> >> For some reason a fair number of my messages don't get through.
> >> Could it be that the digital signing worries the filters?
> >>
> >> Anne
> >
> > I can see your (previous) mail, just like I saw the previous mail
> > you resend.
> >
> > Are you using GMail?
>
> Hmm - yes.  Just realised that my KDE alias does go through GMail, yet
> some of the messages from me get displayed in TBird, but not others.
> Strange - and difficult to follow threads.  Thanks for prompting me.
>
> Anne

this is normal behavior for gmail, it's why i stopped using it:

it works like this, if you are on a mailing list, and it ends up at google,
and you're using the gmail imap gateway, you will not be getting your own
message, thus not knowing if it was there or not, and your threading will
break. same thing with aliasses.

i filed a bug but it is a "feature"