[Mageia-dev] [changelog] [RPM] cauldron core/release pango-1.32.0-2.mga3

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Sep 28 12:45:03 CEST 2012

'Twas brillig, and Jani Välimaa at 28/09/12 11:39 did gyre and gimble:
>> What the hell is "bgo"? We should be more helpful and explicit than that. See:
>>

> An abbreviation for Bugzilla.Gnome.Org, widely used by other distros
> (mdv/suse/fedora/etcetc) too in their %changelogs. Just like for an
> example are rhbz (redhat bugzilla) and fdo (freedesktop.org) used.
>
> IIRC there is a policy (maybe just a draft) where's mentioned that
> when referring to external bugs the format should be "(XXXX#12345)"
> where XXXX stands for some abbreviation like bgo and numbers stands
> for the bug number.

Yeah we've been using abbreviations for other distro and upstream bug
trackers for many years, bgo, bko, fdo, rhbz to name but a few.

URLs, may change but the reference is still good. I would stick to using
the abbreviations if possible as it makes the changelog entries much
easier to parse).