[Mageia-dev] The shiny new Control Center

Funda Wang fundawang at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 01:58:50 CEST 2012

2012/9/29 Steven Tucker <tuxta2 at gmail.com>:
> 2/ What languages should be available for writing modules? (Perl, C++,
> python and Ruby are possibilities)
>
>         So far mcc2 has been written in Perl (even though I had never
> written a line of Perl prior to starting this) so as to make porting
> existing modules a matter of just replacing the Ui calls, but I do like the
> idea of allowing the modules to be written in more than 1 language to
> encourage more contributors who may be turned off by having to learn another
> language.
Please use Gobject Introspection so that we could have both gtk2 and
gtk3 version. Sample code on display_help here:
http://svnweb.mageia.org/soft/drakx/trunk/perl-install/standalone/display_help_gtk3

As for qt version, I don't think you could deal perl and qml+qtscript
at the same time. They are very different.