[Mageia-dev] ANNOUNCE: RPM group Policy change taking effect

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Sun Sep 30 15:08:00 CEST 2012

'Twas brillig, and Olav Vitters at 30/09/12 13:28 did gyre and gimble:
> On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 10:00:04PM +0100, Pierre-Malo Deniélou wrote:
>> - Split Sound into Sound/Editors and Convertors, Sound/Midi, ...
>
> I hope you're following the changelog mailing list. Sometimes the groups
> are difficult.
>
> E.g. task-pulseaudio was in Sound. I put it in Sound/Utilities.. but
> really no clue which group it should be in. Maybe a task- thing should
> not be in a specific category? Meaning: → System/Base.

FWIW, I also commented on the "Sound" -> ?? question for the main
PulseAudio package. I put it in Sound/Mixers but I really don't like it
either as a "Mixer" in terms of these categories really does imply
something a little more "frontendy" rather than a core plumbing layer.

I still think some kind of System/*, or Sound/Plumbing category for most
PA stuff is better to separate it out for high level stuff, but I'm not
super fussed personally, so I won't fight for it!