[Mageia-dev] Script for rediffing patches

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+mageia at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 1 00:28:51 CEST 2013

Hi Anssi, *,

On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 11:17 PM, Anssi Hannula <anssi at mageia.org> wrote:

> Colin's question reminded me of another hacky script I use for rediffing
> patches.

OOo / LO used a tool to minimize changes between patches (i.e. ignore
different timestamps (or different date-formats) when the change
itself still is the same, avoid huge diffs because different order of
files in old version of the patch vs the new one, etc):
http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/solenv/bin/patch_sanitizer.pl

Now mostly obsolete for LibreOffice, as LO's buildsystem allows
multiple separate patches, and there is no need to change existing
patches when adding some more.

So it isn't really the same usecase, but maybe you find it helpful nevertheless.

ciao
Christian