[Mageia-dev] freeze push: drakxtools, drakx-installer-stage2, drakx-installer-rescue

Thierry Vignaud thierry.vignaud at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 07:03:35 CEST 2013

Hi

Please let in
drakxtools, drakx-installer-stage2, drakx-installer-rescue.

drakxtools & stage2 mainly make sure /var/run is available with needed info
for udev, which fixes creating initrd for lukfs and the like (mga#9213),
especially when installing from live iso (hint Thomas).

drakx-installer-rescue was finally really adapted to /usr move, which
broke udev (it didn't looked anymore at /lib/udev, only at /usr/lib/udev)
thus fixing repairing LVM installs (there was a deadlock between LVM &
udev, mga#5795)).
It also offers to select which OS to repair when there's more than one.
Last but not least, it now warn that i586 cannot rescue x86_64 (mga#8696)

drakxtools:
=========
- library (for draklive-install):
  o bind mount /run in chroot, thus fixing dracut runs (Dave Hodgins, mga#9213)
- drakboot:
  o fix other Mga OS names in menu (mga#8710)

drakx-installer-stage2:
=================
- bind mount /run in chroot, thus fixing dracut runs (Dave Hodgins, mga#9213)
- bootloader:
  o fix other Mga OS names in menu (mga#8710)

drakx-installer-rescue:
- really adapt to /usr move (fix lvm2 freezing, mga#5795)
- drop our "use modprobe instead" insmod since we've kmod one for free
- include libdevmapper-event-*.so
- include persistant storage udev rules needed to see new uuids
- offer to pick the distro to rescue when there's more than one
- /var/run/utmp is on tmpfs now
- warn that i586 cannot rescue x86_64 (mga#8696)

thx