[Mageia-dev] Update to boost-1.53 ? (libyui fixing)

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Sun Apr 7 17:57:58 CEST 2013

Il 06/04/2013 19:09, Barry Jackson ha scritto:
> On 05/04/13 00:08, Barry Jackson wrote:
>> On 04/04/13 14:24, Angelo Naselli wrote:
>>
>>> Barry i cannot test this now, but if i understood correctly the problem
>>> and talking to libyui developer this patch should work.
>>>
>>> Can you test it and tell me if it's ok please?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>     Angelo
>>
>> I'll try it tomorrow - been out most of the day.
>>
> Nope it still fails with the patch:
>
> http://mtf.no-ip.co.uk/pub/linux/barjac/distrib/cauldron/x86_64/core/release/log/libyui-2.42.4-0.git20130107.3.mga3.src.rpm/build.0.20130406163948.log

Attached patch definitely fixes the compile problem, but I'm
not sure it's ok from the point of view of who uses libyui.

I will ask for this fixing to libyui developers, because
if i include <boost/config/select_compiler_config.hpp>
it works in mga2 not in mga3, so also the compiler
seems to use cxx11, and that means libyui should probably
fix the ImplPtr implementation, also for back compatibility.

Anyway atm only who is working on AdminPanel should really
use libyui in mageia, so i can always provide a fixing later if
i find problems.

I haven't committed anything at the moment, so you can take this as a
good patch and decide later if going on or not.

Angelo